It’s november, and I’ve decided this month that I’m going to do 30 projects in 30 days. It’s an all-month hack-a-thon!
Yesterday’s project was Hack-A-Battle (demo, source). It’s two dueling music visualizers (sound warning!). Red vs blue. As each hits the other with bullets, they lose heath. As a band takes damage, it gets dimmer and quieter. Eventually one band will win out and be the only one playing.
I thought this was a cool idea, but I’m not really happy with the implementation
- It’s a little laggy, especially when explosions happen.
- It’s probably a little too fast of a battle.
- I wanted to the things coming out to actually be linked to a music visualizer, which I almost had time to do.
- It would have been better if the “bands” took turns playing instead of both going at once, for the poor listener.
- It requires a fairly big display, and beefy computer/phone. It doesn’t work well on a small screen at all.
- I wasn’t super pleased with the code. It was so-so
- I wanted you to be able to upload your own songs and duel a friend