Recipe is mostly from Tricia.
- 8-10 oz fresh steak, with salt and pepper
- 2 tsp capers and/or 2 Tbsp diced olives
- 3 tsp brown mustard
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp finely diced, fresh red onions
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- Remove all fat and tendons from the steak. Season it lightly with salt and pepper, and sear lightly on high heat to make it safe to eat. Slice the meat into very thin (2mm) strips, arrange in two piles. Coat the meat in olive oil. Push a small divot into each pile.
- Dice olives and onions. Add capers, mustard, and red pepper. Mix together and pour into meat piles equally, or surround the meat with it.
- Separate whites and yolks (carefully removing all the white since we’re using raw yolks). Pour one egg yolk into each divot.
Read about raw beef and egg safety first to be well informed.