- Emperical Zendo, a semi-competitive game for 3-8 players based on the icehouse game Zendo. Vaguely based on rants by Bayesians.
- Logic Potions, a competitive game about deductive logic and making new rules for 2-4 players. Actual gameplay quickly gets complicated as players add more rules about brewing potions. Inspired by “Imaginary Go Fish” and “Emperical Zendo”.
- Deadly Education RPG, a traditional pen+paper RPG game based on Naomi Novik’s “Deadly Education”. Reading the book is not required.
All three are untested as of posting.
See also: List of all games
What happened in 2020? Well,
- (General news) COVID-19 of course, and Trump left office
- I stayed inside. I’ve been getting groceries delivered, even–I’ve been somewhere other than my house maybe twice since COVID-19 lockdown started.
- I started watching wayyy more videos, especially video game streams.
- I looked into buying land in Colorado and living in an RV
- I transcribed my log books, and started coverting them all to a standard, computer-parsable format (mostly done, one left).
- I deleted bs.
- I figured out twitch streaming, both with a standalone capture card and on linux.
- I got hardware random number generators to work.
- I designed v1 and v2 of a protocol to allow a set of computers to store a large amount of content. It’s designed to back up things like the Internet Archive. I’m calling the project “valhalla”, after ArchiveTeams’s project valhalla and IA.BAK.
- I learned to use an oscilloscope, and bit-banged SPI and I2C for a while, trying to get a 9-axis sensor to work unsuccessfully.
- I learned how to make a pretty good pizza
- I played a bunch of video games
- I worked on the Lazy Beaver problem, and tied the state of the art.
- I made a master TODO list, and finished every single TODO I had that took an hour or less.
- I figured out how to make VMs in Linux and run them all the time
- I got a tablet, and learned GIMP and InkScape well enough to draw some stuff.
- I wrote a custom client for omegle
- I did a yearly backup
- I did various research. I learned about algorithms, data structures, RALA, and quantum physics.
- I wrote up my cookbook and released it.
- I wrote some blog posts 🙂
- Four of my friends moved to Ohio, two from nearby me. I only know one person in the state I’m in well at this point.
- A friend of mine got out of jail and got to go home.